For the first year, the SDWF are organising Shannon Dol-fun. A week of national school visits throughout West Clare, North Kerry and West Limerick is followed by a weekend of dol-fun activities for kids of all ages. If your school would like a visit during 26-30 April contact the SDWF.
Over the weekend 1-2 May a range of dol-fun activities for children up to will be organised including:
- 3D whale and dolphin models and monoprints,
- live dolphin stranding training,
- whale-watching at Loop Head
- an art and poetry competition sponsored by the Kilrush Dolphin Gateway
- and help build a seabed and island sculptor.
There will be two sessions each day between (11:00 and 13:00 and 14:00-16:00) and for two age groups (5-9 and 10-13 years of age).
Cost €5.00 per child per session. Maximum: 20 children per session
Booking will be required as places are limited.
The Bottlenose Dolphin
Wild, Sociable Bottlenose Dolphins
Frequently Asked Questions
Whale & Dolphin Roadshow
Wildlife in the Region